UPDATED TO COMPLY WITH GDPR 25.5.18
Deadgoodundies.com is an online retailer of men's underwear, swimwear, nightwear, loungewear and other menswear, plus some women's lingerie, underwear and swimwear collections. We've always taken your data and privacy very seriously. You still decide how you hear from us and what we can send. We don't keep data any longer than we need it – then it gets deleted.
QUESTIONS OR GRUMBLES?
Always happy to hear from you – please contact us. We're happy to help. You have the right to be informed about your how your personal information is being used, access it, request correction of inaccuracies, request deletion, to stop direct marketing from DGU and to request we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider. And to complain to the data protection regulator in the UK – the Information Commissioner's Office. Email DGU at email@example.com or write to Adam Davies, Deadgoodundies, Delta House, 264 Monkmoor Road, Shrewsbury, SY2 5ST, UK.
WHAT WE COLLECT
- We may collect the following information:
- -contact email address
- -IP address
- -contact phone number(s)
- -billing and/or shipping address
- -demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- -other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
CREDIT CARD SECURITY (CVV) CODE
We need this to take payments and give refunds, as well as to prevent and detect fraud. If you order online we don't even see your card details, never mind keep them. If you order by phone direct from DGU your details are destroyed immediately the order is processed (within the hour). We do not record calls. For the full list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
PURCHASE HISTORY/YOUR ACCOUNT
We keep this to sell you more lovely undies etc, to provide accurate customer service and to deal with returns. It's also handy if you want the same again and can't remember what you ordered before!
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR COMPUTER/LAPTOP/PHONE
Information you give us as you browse DGU includes your IP address and device type – this helps you with settings such as language and currency and helps us improve our website as well as protecting it.
Like many online retailers we target our banners/ads to you when you are online – eg via Facebook's Custom Audience service. This targeting is based on information we hold about you or your previous use of DGU.
- We do need to share your information but only under very strict and limited circumstances:
- -with companies who get parcels to you e.g. Royal Mail/delivery firms
- -with website hosts who help us run our business
- -with fraud prevention/law enforcement agencies to help tackle fraud
- -with professional service providers for example when you come to DGU via one of our affiliates/advertising partners
- -with marketplace sellers and when you place an order – for example with DGU affiliates and Paypal
MARKETING MESSAGES – THE DGU NEWSLETTER
To stop receiving messages from DGU at any time please do one of the following: Click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email or newsletter Contact our Customer Care Team
HOW LONG WILL DGU KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Only for as long as required to comply with legal and regulatory rules, prevent fraud, to enforce our Ts&Cs or to resolve disputes. If you no long wish to be a customer we delete all current information on request.
WHAT WE DO WITH INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting using the email address you provided IF you opted in to receive such information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website so we can tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Other sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement on the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct email marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the unsubcribe link at the bottom of every newsletter.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you by DGU please write to .
- If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write/email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.